Job Purpose & Description:
Immediate opening for an experienced, polished and confident Sr. Bookkeeper to join our team. The ideal candidate must possess both excellent technical & communication skills, and also character traits that will allow him/her to succeed in a fast-paced small business environment.
· Codes source documents such as invoices and receipts to the appropriate accounts.
· Maintains and updates accounting records, posts and records transactions in journals and general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
· Perform monthly bank reconciliations, and all government remittances, prepare payroll and applicable source deductions and preparation of GST/HST returns and other applicable year end filings.
· Prepares and issues invoices and follows up on late accounts in accordance with established procedures. Obtains approval of invoices for payment.
· Prepares various accounting summaries, trial balances and financial statements.
· Compiles, prepares and maintains reports such as vacation entitlement, sick leave and overtime.
· Responds to inquiries and requests regarding payroll, benefits and other bookkeeping duties.
· Follows up to resolve errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
· Assists the external accountant in the preparation of the year-end Financial Statements
· Prepare monthly and annual tenant budgets and cash flow projections
· Prepare listings of vendor/supplier completed work and outstanding invoices and timing of payments.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Canadian experience in the real estate industry preferred
· CGA or CMA Candidate
· Proficient English communication skills (written and verbal)
· Proficient in Quickbooks, Excel and PowerPoint
· Developing Standards
· Analyzing Information
· Dealing with Complexity
· Reporting Research Results
· Data Entry Skills
· Attention to Detail
The position is Full Time: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and is located at the Champagne Centre, 2 Champagne Drive, Toronto.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Allen Road / Finch Ave